Friday, July 27, 2012

it's my birthday, plus fashion friday!


Okay, I'm officially 28 years old!  Wow.  It's hard to believe in two years I'll be 30.  However, for now I'll just focus on being 28.

The best thing that happened during my year of being 27 is that I got married!  I think that will go down as being one of the best years of my life.  28 has a lot to live up to.

A little walk down memory lane...

Since I have a summer birthday I never had school on my birthday.  Then, once I entered into the real world I had things thing called work I had to go to on my birthday...yuck!  Ha.  I have been very fortunate though to be able to take it off.  So I will not be working tomorrow and instead I'll be spending the afternoon with my mom and then it's off to dinner with Mr. H!  I'm SO excited!!!!  I love celebrating my birthday.  Even though I'm getting older, I still enjoy it.


It's summer (although it's quickly coming to an end), which means it's the perfect time for summer cocktails and cold drinks.  I have a Pinterest board full of yummy drinks and I've never made any.  That was a goal of mine this summer, but hasn't happened yet.  

Here are two yummy ones I must try and I used them as inspiration in creating these two fabulous outfits.  

via

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5

*Side note: I wanted to get this dress from H&M to wear for my birthday dinner, but it was sold out in stores and now no longer available to view online.  It was adorable!


via

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5


via

The opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics start tonight!  I LOVE the Olympics and am so excited for them to begin.  Mr. H and I will be having my birthday dinner so we'll have to dvr the ceremony.  I'm sure it's going to be awesome.  Michael Phelps starts it off Saturday morning...can't wait!



Chris and Laura are great friends of ours and are getting married TOMORROW!  We can't wait to celebrate with this super sweet couple.  It's been so fun to have all of our friends join us in the married couples club.  Congrats friends!!!




I'm linking up with the lovely {av} over at long distance loving for my Friday's Fancies.  Check out some of the other great outfits fellow bloggers have put together.  It's one of my favorite parts of the link up.

I think that pretty much sums everything up!  I hope everyone has a wonderful day...I KNOW I will!!


HAPPY Weekend FRIENDS!!!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the celebrations and the wedding :) Love the outfits you have pulled together xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shamrock shake! CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope it's a great one! :)
    I am sooo in love with these outfits...especially the mint one! Mint + gold = super fabulous!! :)
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Love the outfits. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    xox emily
    www.onceinablueroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,
    I'm stopping by from Friday's Fancies! Happy Birthday! 28 was a great year for me! Love your outfit choices! I hope you have a fabulous weekend.
    Stop by and say hello sometime!
    Cheers,
    Sara
    www.SocialSara.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!! Love your picks! Saw that pink dress in H&M and hesitated. I should have snatched it up! Have a great weekend :)

    xo
    Sam
    Le Petite Pear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post and your blog! Happy birthday girl! I hope you have a great one!
    Carlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! I am a summer child too and hate having to share my birthday with real work! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy I found your adorable blog :) Love your layout!


    Oh and my GFC is being weird, but it let me follow you through it using my twitter... how cool is that?! I didn't know you could do that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you had an amazing birthday!!! And a great time at the wedding!

    These outfits you created are adorable and appropriate for both :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)