Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of july in pictures!

Last week flew by!  I was so lucky to have Wednesday-Friday off of work so we had a long week/weekend at the lake.  It was so nice to get away for several days, have time with family, relax, and spend time with family.  

Here's a recap of my July 4th holiday with Mr. H's family:
  • good food
  • homemade ice cream
  • 4th of July decorations
  • watched fire works
  • family time
  • slept in
  • boat rides
  • watched everyone do water sports (I only tube...I'm lame.)
  • paddle board
  • played games
  • lounged
  • watched Act of Valor
  • enjoyed the lakeside view

handmade sign my sister made, whimsical occasions

Me and Carri enjoying the boat ride

Jonathan wake surfing

Carri wake surfing

Mr. H wake surfing.  It took him a few tries, but he got up and was awesome!
Mr. H and Sarabeth being silly siblings.
Me and Mr. H

Yummy burgers for our July 4th cookout.

Homemade ice cream in the making!
This is homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream.  This was actually made in an electric mixer.  We made vanilla in the old fashion ice cream maker shown above.  This ice cream was soooooo amazing!!
I'm slaving away in the kitchen making guacamole.

Mr. H and I after our yummy July 4th dinner!

Big Mr. H, Jonathan and Mr. H all relaxing after a big cookout.

Sarabeth and I
We do it big for July 4th.  Who doesn't love patriotic decorations!
This dog is the most loved dog by this family EVER!  Emmie is the luckiest dog and she doesn't even know it.  She's not suppose to be eating people food, but Jonathan gave her a few licks of the vanilla ice cream.

She knows she looks good.

We had a beautiful lakeside view of the fireworks.
Mr. H had patriotic music playing and it makes the firework show so much better.  Love them!

How did YOU spend your July 4th?

Another successful July 4th weekend.  I'm so not ready to start real life again.  It's always hard to come back to reality after a few days off.  

The only thing that will get me through today will be seeing Mr. H when I get home and watching the Bachelorette!!!!

Have a LOVELY Monday!







4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing 4th! I love the old fashioned looking ice cream maker and all the cutesy decorations. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had lots of fun! These Photos have great quality, so so fun.
    Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love wake surfing! It's by far one of my favorite summer time activities :) Whenever I tell people about wake surfing, they usually don't believe me when I tell them how it works! We haven't quite figured out how to wake surf without the rope yet, maybe next summer...

    I'm a new follower!

    http://allthingsalisamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend! I love all the photos & the fact you made your own ice cream. Best of all, it was mint chip :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)