Monday, July 16, 2012

guess who i talked into getting a pedicure...

Hey FRIENDS!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mr. H and I sure did.  We had a fun, relaxing weekend.  I'm so excited to share what we did.


friday
Friday evening, Mr. H came home after being out of town for work for three days.  Needless to say I was thrilled to see him.  We had a couples pizza and game night with two couple friends from our Bible study group.  It was sooooo much fun.

I forgot my camera so excuse the poor quality phone picture!

We played Catch Phrase and OMG did we have fun!  We played girls against boys and let me tell you that the girls dominated!!!  Here's the funniest part of the night during a round of Catch Phrase...

boy #1- his hint was "Merry Christmas in Spanish"

boy #2-"Happy New Year!!!!!"  (said with excitement)

boy #3-"Cinco de Mayo"

answer-Feliz Navidad

all 3 girl-dying laughing!!

I'm not sure it translates well via text, but it was hysterical!  The rest of the night proceeded to be just as fun.  I loved hanging out with these awesome couples!!

There are no words.



saturday
Mr. H and I had a lazy Saturday at home.  I always love days when we just stay home and relax.  There's no need to be doing something all the time!  Mr. H had a bachelor party and I photographed the groom's soon to be bride.  She asked me to do a special photo shoot as well as some bridals.  

I can't post a dress shot since she's not married yet, but here is a sneak peak.  Cute shoes, right!

I went to meet her with one of our friends and we had some crazy weather come out of the blue.  It was 98 degrees when we went to pick up the bride.  It started getting really overcast and crazy windy all of a sudden.  On our way to the location for pictures, the temperture dropped over 20 degrees!!!!!!  It was raining on and off; and then when it stopped we saw a beautiful rainbow.  





sunday
Sunday was my favorite day this weekend!  Let me explain...I've been trying to get Mr. H to come with me to get a pedicure for as long as I've know him.  The answer has always been NO!  And that was that.  

Last week, my older cousin, Dennis, who is good friends with Michael, posted on Facebook he recently got a pedicure and LOVED it!  He was very enthusiastic about how much he enjoyed and admitted he didn't know why it took him so long to give it a try.  I knew with Dennis on my side I could hopefully convince Mr. H to try a pedicure too.  This became my goal over the next week!

Let's just say that after a few text between Dennis and Mr. H, I finally got Mr. H to give in and get a pedicure with me!!!!  Yea!!!!  I KNEW he would love it if he just gave it a try.  

I asked Mr. H a few questions before and after about his FIRST pedicure experience...

On a scale from 1-10:
Q: How happy are you to be get a pedicure today?
A: 4



On a scale from 1-10:
Q: How much did you enjoy the pedicure experience?
A: 8

Yes or No
Q: Would you be willing to go again?
A: Yes (I got him to admit that at least once a year.) 

We went all out on the pedicure.  I wanted him to experience it all!!  Mr. H got the milk and honey pedicure and I got the tropical pedicure.
  • Foot/leg massage 
  • Hot wax paraffin
  • Hot stone massage
  • Hot towel wrap 
Then he told me that he could see himself going in the futur with our daughter (if we have one).  How sweet is that!!!  I have the best husband ever and I'm so glad he FINALLY gave it and went with me!  It was such a fun date afternoon.

Happy MONDAY!






p.s. I'm looking forward to the Men Tell All on the Bachelorette!


11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! And it’s always great to have a pedi-partner 

    Kara
    ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun!! I love catch phrase - best game ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha congrats on getting him to get that pedicure. I lol'd at the answer 'Cinco de Mayo'. I LOVE catch phrase. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I love that you got your husband to get a pedicure, haha. I've been trying to get my husband to get one (or a manicure) for years but he's too embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that is so sweet that your husband will go with your future daughter to get a pedi!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh, it looks like you had such a fund weekend. Too cute about your husband. I'd love to see a rainbow! Great picture! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha ha! Jared was always so against pedi's UNTIL my mom who is an esthetician gave him one.. now every time we go over there, he's like "do you think your mom will have time to do pedi's??" Don't tell anyone but he even got clear shellac on his toe nails because they are so horrible and crack easier than something that cracks way easy! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this sounds like an amazing weekend! Friends, fun, relaxing and even a pedicure :) Nice work on the convincing - that is some true love there! As for the Bach - I was so sad to see Emily talk to the one she let go (forget his name)...and then when the show ended i thought...I can't wait to read Anica's re-cap! Have a great rest of the day and I want to see some of those bride photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy you talked him into the pedi! I almost texted Sunday to ask if you did, but it was after 11 and I figured that was too late! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow good for you. It looks like you had fun!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang girl good for you! My husband would just look at me as if I was crazy if I ever asked him lol. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)