Monday, July 30, 2012

awesome birthday!!!

 I'm so blessed to have such an amazing husband, family and friends!  They helped make my 28th birthday so special!!!!!!  I can certainly say that I had the best birthday.

My mom helped me start my birthday by taking me out to lunch at a yummy pizza place.  We then went shopping at a cute little boutique where I got a few clothes and earrings.



Mr. H took Friday afternoon on to spend time with me on my birthday.  I had lots of gifts to open....it felt like Christmas.  


Mr. H got me that cute tote from J.Crew and lots of jewelry.  I love jewelry so that was perfect!  One of my sweet friends got me that Scentsy warmer and lemons and berries scent.  I've never had anything Scentsy so I'm excited to try it out.  My mother in law embroidered an "A" for me and framed it.  I love personalized gifts so that was perfect.  I put it up in our room already!  I also got some birthday money from my parents and several family members.  I'm soooooo blessed!!!  
Then after I had opened all my gifts...Mr. H tells me to close my eyes.  He had another surprise for me.  I opened my eyes and saw this HUGE Michael Kors bag.  He had already told me not to expect a super fancy gift, which was totally okay with me.  Needless to say, I was sort of in shock when I saw this!!


Mr. H got me my first big girl purse. Haha.  I've never had a designer bag before so I was giddy!  He did SOOOOOO GOOD!  I am in love with it.  It's a light cream so it's perfect for fall and summer plus the size is just right...not too big/not too small.  


Mr. H planned a fancy dinner at Old Hickory located in the Gaylord Texan.  I of course needed a picture of me and my new purse!!


Mr. H and I pose for a quick picture before we had one of the best dinners EVER!  Let's just say that Old Hickory will become a birthday tradition.  We each ate a filet mignon and then split olive oil and thyme whipped mashed potatoes and habanero cream corn.  Then we had carrot cake cheesecake for dessert.  Mmmmmmm.



We of course had to take a picture with the statue guy.  Mr. H was being silly pretending to be a statue too and then pretending to kiss him.  Oh Mr. H!



Saturday night we celebrated Chris and Laura's wedding!  She looked stunning and the reception was so beautiful.  I love weddings that are personalized.  You know when you leave the wedding and say...that was so "enter name."  Laura (and Chris) did an amazing job putting their wedding together.


Instead of a cake, they had mini bundt cakes and cookies.  I would describe their theme as rustic chic.  I loved all the burlap accents.


For the favor, they gave each guest an old fashioned bottle of coke with a cute picture of them and a prayer on the back.  I love all the little details at weddings.  It makes them so personal.

  





Here's one of my sweet friends Rachael and she actually got engaged just after the wedding!  I got a text at 11:24 pm saying she got engaged!!  I'm so happy for them.  They will be having a very short engagement so that will be #7 this year.  This is the year of weddings for Mr. H and I!


The groom and Mr. H are best buds.  Chris and Laura, Mr. H and I are so blessed to have you as friends.  We are so happy to walk along side you in marriage.  I pray the Lord will always be at the center of your marriage and remember to love each other daily!!  Congrats!


In addition to my birthday extravaganza and the wedding, my cousins are in town from Amarillo so we spent some time with them.  They'll be here all week and I'm excited to spend more time with them!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Thanks for all the birthday wishes on Friday!





6 comments:

  1. Love your new purse, he did a GREAT JOB! Very impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great time! The wedding and the birthday. Those look like some great gifts you got! I LOVE Scenysy! And that purse is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - you got some great goodies for your birthday!! Your hubby did great on your new purse!! :) Also, I have that same Scentsy warmer, it's sitting on my desk right now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday! Looks like you had the perfect birthday - that Michael Kors bag is gorgeous and you looked super cute all dressed up for dinner :) Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super fun weekend, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Looks like you had so much fun celebrating it :-) Oh, and the hubby did VERY well with his gift shopping...quite impressed! Just happened upon your blog for the first time today, and it is so nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all those fabulous gifts you received. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)