Wednesday, July 11, 2012

simply lovely series {part 1}

I finally got around to getting my first series started!  Mr. H and I will be celebrating our one year anniversary coming up on September 10.  I thought I'd reflect on this last year and share what we've learned about marriage so far.



You've heard people say the first year of marriage is the hardest or something similar right?  Well, we heard that too; and it's safe to say the first year of our marriage was actually very easy and pretty blissful.  Mr. H and I will be the first to tell you that it's 100% from the Lord.  Before we even got married, we knew that we needed Christ to be the center of our marriage.

Mr. H and I do a weekly devotional on Sunday at home, which I've mentioned it before.  It's called Devotionals for a Sacred Marriage: a year of weekly devotionals for couples by Gary Thomas.  They are very short chapters, and it's just a time for us to go through it together and talk about what we took away.  It's also a time to reflect on where we are at spiritually personally and a time to talk about our week. There have been a few key ideas we've taken away from this book that I'll be sharing.

I'll also have a few guest posts from some family members and a fellow blogger. I've got some questions I'll be asking and I'm looking forward to hearing their views on marriage.

I'm really excited to see where the Lord leads this series.  I've got several topics I'll be sharing and it will all lead up to our one year anniversary!  Which by the way it feels a lot longer than that, but at the same time I can't believe it's already been a year.  I know that may sound confusing, but hopefully you know what I mean.  Ha.

I'm also really excited because I'll be posting lots of pictures of our wedding.  Like any girl, I think my wedding was the most beautiful ever!!

I hope you enjoy this journey with me!

4 comments:

  1. Very excited for your series and I'm excited to follow along. September 10th is my birthday so of course I think it was a fabulous day for your wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to read up on your series! Congrats on a blissful first year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited to watch this series unfold! We do totally understand what you mean when you say it feels like it’s been a long time but a short time as well. That’s adult life for ya!

    I truly believe that first year is hard for people who are trying to figure out how to communicate and co-exist with each other. Your Sunday Devotionals open that communication channel and do allow you to stay on the same page and really hear what the other is feeling and thinking. That really is the secret, you found it early!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing about the devotional. I just got married 3 weeks ago and I've been thinking about doing a devotional with my husband, so I'll definitely be checking this book out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)