Tuesday, July 24, 2012

the best birthday gifts

As I've mentioned, my birthday is coming up on July 27...THIS FRIDAY!!!  I LOVE celebrating my birthday...I love celebrating other people's birthday.  Birthdays are a big deal to me and always have been.  My family always made it very special and I love to carry on that tradition.


When July 1 came around, Mr. H is started to research gift ideas.  Needless to say, there have been some discussion going on recently about what are gift Do's and gift Don'ts.  I have a hard time figuring out ideas.  When it comes to things I want, usually they aren't that expensive so I will often just purchase them myself.  I know, I know, I shouldn't do that and just give those ideas to Mr. H, but it's just too hard. 

I'm not a type of girl that expects an expensive gift.  More than anything, it's the thought that counts; and I just like it to be a special and meaningful day.  

I know Mr. H knows this, but I keep telling him that...
Birthday + Christmas= gifts you want
Everyday=gifts you need

Do you know what I mean??  Am I right, or am I right??

*Please note, these are just my personal options on gift Do and Don'ts.  





What are some gifts on YOUR birthday wish list?

What are some DON'T birthday gifts or maybe one your RECEIVED in the past?


I'm pretty excited for my birthday!!  I already have one gift from my in law's, but I can't open it until my birthday.  It's killing me seeing it everyday.  Ha!  


9 comments:

  1. haha I LOVE this post! So cute and SOOO TRUE! I think that's a really good Do and Don't list for a birthday! I remember one year my mom got a microwave for xmas. Needless to say she wasn't that happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea to make do and don't lists! Your do list is totally perfect. Loooove that watch!!!
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right and I do the same thing. If I want something I pick it up.

    Kara
    ShawnKaraAndHeidi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, happy birthday! I totally freeze up when my hubby asks me what I want for my birthday... I want it all! What if I make the wrong decision? Serious business. Haha. I hope you enjoy whatever you get!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha, yes, a vacuum is never a good idea. a cute watch always does the trick! your birthday is actually the mister and I's anniversary. yay for july 27th!!! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I made a don't list my family would probably buy me everything on it to annoy me haha. I love getting jewelry and purses for my birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree, everyday = gifts you need. Once my mom got me pots and pans for my birthday, very odd. You have an adorable blog<3

    Following now. I'm Ashton from:
    sexdrugsmarriage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same way! I'm pretty sure we could be good friends! Happy Birthday by the way (:

    I found your blog through Sammantha! I am your new follower (and excited!)

    Amanda at: we & serendipity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anica What type of gifts you mostly want to have on your birthday?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)