Sunday, April 22, 2012

look how pretty!!!!!!

Happy Sunday FRIENDS!!  I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

Mr. H came home Friday after work with these beautiful flowers!!!!  It instantly put a huge smile on my face!!!  Let me tell you Mr. H's philosophy on giving flowers and you'll understand how happy I was to receive these.  In Mr. H's own words..."the less I give them the more special it will be when I give them to you. It has more meaning than an every day occurrence."  Haha.  Now in his defense, he knows my love for sweet treats so I've actually received more desserts than flowers.  In my book, that's okay.

When he does get me flowers, they are always my favorite (pink Gerber daisies or anything pink).  I cherish them when I get them because I never know when I'll get them again.  :)  I love you Mr. H!!

  




Mr. H may lack "flower giving," but he certainly doesn't lack being the spiritual leader in our family.  We have our weekly devotional every (or almost every) Sunday morning...just the two of us.  Today we had a great discussion and I'm so blessed that we are able to take this seriously and realize how important it is for us to build our foundation on the Lord.  Thank you Mr. H for leading us in the right direction!!  I know this will make us stronger years to come.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday afternoon!  We're headed to a delicious pizza place with my dad and step-mom and the we'll enjoy some yummy yogurt!  Gotta have desert, HELLO!


12 comments:

  1. look at those sweet flowers! so sweet of him to surprise you.

    love that y'all do a devotional together - justin & i need to do that.

    - l

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful surprise! I'd totally recommend a devotional together. We do a chapter from Devotions for a Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. It's really short but a great way to connect spiritually with each other every week. I'd highly recommend it.

      Delete
  2. oh gosh, those flowers are absolutely perfect! it's all about the simple things :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and sweet! I love the daisy/rose combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jessica! I agree, de did great job picking out the daises and roses. They make a great combo.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness. These flowers are gorgeous. I love the rose and gerber daisy combination. I have never seen that before. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It was all my husbands idea. He did good for me.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful flowers!!! Great combo and the colors are gorgeous together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan!! Aren't those colors beautiful! I'm in love with them.

      Delete
  6. Awww first the glower gift idea is just the cutest! And I love your weekly devotional together - such a great way to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers!!
    Welcome to visit my blog xx :)
    http://msofisticada.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)