Monday, April 2, 2012

how was your weekend?

Hello friends, I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!  I sure enjoyed the relaxation, time with friends and lovely weather.

Mr.H and I have a tradition of Friday night pizza.  It's a family tradition Mr.H grew up doing and I'm so glad to carry the tradition on with our family.  After a long week we usually eat our yummy pizza, catch up on our TV shows and relax together.

Saturday morning we met our good friend, Beth, for brunch at a local cafe where we all enjoyed the most amazing French toast, EVER!  It's not your traditional French toast...it's cinnamon crisp French toast!

This picture doesn't do it justice. 

After our yummy brunch, Beth and I went for a little relaxation and catching up time.  What girl doesn't love a pedicure?  That's right, we treated ourselves to a luxurious pedicure.  If you've never had a hot stone pedicure, I'd highly recommend it!!!  It's so relaxing and feels absolutely amazing!  I love spending one on one time with friends and a nail salon is the perfect place for girls to be girls.

I'm wishing I was back in that chair right NOW!

Our fabulous toes!  

Sunday was our date day!  Who likes ice skating?  That's right...ice skating was the date we picked out of our date jar this weekend.  I'm not sure about you, but it's been a long time since I've been ice skating!!!  Needless to say, I was nervous and excited when we picked it as our date.


When we got to the rink, there were lots of people, mostly kids and I immediately got really nervous about getting on the ice.  We put on our fashionable skates and then headed off to the rink.


We both stepped out very carefully, cautiously and tried to grab the edge.  I actually got the hang of it right away and Mr.H was very surprised with my mad skating skills.  Mr.H on the other hand...well, let's just say he was not as graceful on the ice.  He may have had a few falls and unfortunately it was very obvious who had fallen and who hadn't.  Let me paint you a picture...the ice was very watery so if you fell, it basically looked like you had jumped in to a swimming pool.  We spent about as much time on the ice as we did getting our skates on.  Ice skating...I'm sorry, but you will never join Mr.H and I on a date again.

Here I am skating alone...Mr.H had had enough and I decided to do one last lap.

A quick camera pose.

I wanted a picture of us in our skates, but we were too busy trying not to fall (oops).

I look forward to our next date jar date and hope that the outcome will be better than silly ice skating.  Until our next date...

Have a lovely Monday FRIENDS!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by! The pedis were amazing-there's nothing better than being pampered. Loved your outfit post today. Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)