Thursday, April 12, 2012

birthday dinner

Mr. H woke up to this birthday sign up in our bathroom.  Just showing some birthday love! :)

Yesterday was Mr. H's birthday so went out to celebrate at a fancy restaurant, Fearing's, in Dallas.  This was the first time we'd been so it was exciting.  We don't do a lot of fancy dinner dates so this was pretty special!  Mr. H looked very handsome and I got all dolled up.



I would consider myself somewhat of a picky eater and then I don't do seafood (at all!!) so that limits my selections.  Looking at the menu I was a little skeptical; however, I was pleasantly surprised!  I knew what I ordered, but once it came I had no idea what it was.  Haha.  


I had the Maple-Black Peppercorn Soaked Buffalo Tenderloin on Brazos Valley Jalapeno Grits,
Tangle of Greens and Butternut Squash Taquito

Mr. H had Pan Roasted 'BBQ Spiced' Filet and Chicken Fried Maine Lobster on 'L:aded' Whipped
Potatoes and Cynthia's Soft Spinach Taco

The way they display each plate is like a work of art.  It was very tasty and I will certainly add Fearing's to our list of fancy date night restaurants.  It's located in the Ritz-Carlton...who knows, maybe I can talk Mr. H into a weekend getaway in the future. :)  In my dreams!

It wouldn't be a birthday dinner without dessert, right?  Especially since Mr. H and I are huge dessert lovers!!!

Mr. H and I split Caramelized Apple 'Short Stack' Oatmeal Shortdough Cookies with Pecan Pie
Ice Cream and Blackberry Port Jam

We were both intrigued with the pecan pie ice cream so we decided on this dessert.  It was amazing and the cookies were amazing too!

We had a wonderful date night birthday celebration!  I'm so happy to call Mr. H my husband and look forward to another wonderful year.  What's your favorite way to celebrate birthdays...your family/friends, your spouse or yours?



Have a wonderful day FRIENDS!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Anica - wow, it looks like you celebrated his birthday in style! Yum.... My favorite way is to gather the same group of girl friends each year at the same restaurant and just catch up on life!!! So each year we end up with the same photo - just a year later!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment! I love that idea! I do the same thing with friends around Thanksgiving/Christmas. It's fun to see how we change every year. Have a wonderful weekend!

      anica

      Delete
  2. So cute! I love the banner in the first picture!! Did you make that!!?? Great pictures - and I also love your pink shoes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! I actually got the banner at Old Navy of all places. Ha. If you're look for one, my sister is in the custom party decoration biz and could hook you up with a cute one! Check out her facebook page Whimsical Occasions: http://covergirlandconverse.blogspot.com.

      Any change I get to wear those pink shoes I will (which is rarely). Have a very happy weekend!

      anica

      Delete
  3. Yummy food! And what a SUPER CUTE lacy dress. I've been trying to find one I like but haven't come across one yet. Yours is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I actually found the dress at Charlotte Russe to years ago. I got it for a Christmas party. I've seen some similar at various places. Hope you find one you like :)

      Have a happy weekend!
      anica

      Delete
  4. you two make such a handsome looking couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been there...looks good.
    cute dress, by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, looks like a wonderful birthday! Hope you had a great weekend! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)