Wednesday, May 2, 2012

i love wednesdays

If you don't already know, I have the privilege to not working on Wednesday.  Thanks Mr. H!!!  I take the time to catch up on housework, hang out with my friend Beth (if her nursing schedule allows), run errands, or whatever I want!

Today, I got to spend the afternoon with Beth and we did some crafting and baking, two of my favorite things.

I know I've mentioned my date jar a lot, but I have three weddings coming up this summer and thought it'd make a great gift for our newlywed friends.  I love the polka dot paper!




I created several dates to get them started, but I left a lot of sticks blank for them to create their own dates.  I hope they love it as much as we do!





After our crafting we wanted a sweet treat so we found this yummy dessert on Pinterest: Fudgy Chocolate Chip Toffee Bars.  Check out Barefoot and Baking for the yummy recipe.  They are delicious!!!  Mr. H was pretty excited to partake in this yummy dessert too.  




I wish everyday was filled with crafting and baking with friends.  Wouldn't that be perfect?!?!




5 comments:

  1. Anica - what a great idea! And what a fun idea to receive as a gift, I will be keeping this in mind. PS. check the blog tomorrow - a little gift tomorrow ;) And nope, not your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the date jar idea...I might just have to make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable project! And yummy bars!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, i am loving this date jar idea. how clever, and perfect!!!! might just have to get on this ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! We try to have exciting fun dates all the time but sometimes we run out of imgaination. Thanks so much for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)