Monday, August 20, 2012

who doesn't love an overnight getaway!

Mr. H and I were excited about this weekend.  We decided to do a $$ date from our date jar and chose to stay at a hotel on Friday night.  There is this trendy loft hotel in Las Colinas I'd heard about so we thought we'd stay there.  The NYLO hotel was pretty cool and it was super trendy.     


Who doesn't love a mini getaway?!?!  It's nice sometimes to escape reality and spend a little time way even if it is only for one night.  We don't have a king bed so I always love when we get to stay one!




The shower was AMAZING.  I have never taken a shower with a shower head that is above.  After experiencing it, I know that we'll eventually need to upgrade to this.  There was a cool sliding door on the bathroom.

See what I mean about it being trendy!  No that little bitty couch was soooooo not comfortable.  It's more like art than anything else.  I sat down on it thinking it would be bouncy...nope!  I love the art over the couch though.  The walls were cement which was kind of cool.  


I arrived to the hotel before Mr. H so on his way over, he stopped and got us a yummy Chicago style pizza: pineapple and canadian bacon...my favorite!  It's our tradition so even though we weren't home, we still enjoyed Friday night pizza.  


Being the sweet eaters we are, I talked Mr. H into driving us around the corner to get a shake from In & Out.  I had actually never even eaten there before, but knew they had shakes.  I got a small shake and Mr. H got us an XL iced tea.  Look how huge the XL size is!!!  It almost didn't fit into our cup holder in the car.  Hahaha.  We just lounged in the hotel and watched TV.  It was a really fun date night!!  


Remember all the weddings we have this year???  We'll one sweet couple from our Bible study group is getting married September 8 (two days before our anniversary!).  Our Bible study threw them a Western themed couple's shower Saturday night.  We had a BBQ pot luck and omg it was so yummy!!  


I made this banner for them in the Western theme.  I'm all about details when it comes to parties.  No I wasn't planning on getting a new dress for the party, but I had to stop by Target to get a card and obviulosy with it being tax free weekend I had to check out the clothing section.  I found this adorable lace dress and knew I had to have it.  I was planning on wearing my cowboy boots and knew it they would go great with this dress.  Mr. H even said this was a great purchase because I looked super cute. Haha.  His words, not mine.  


Sunday is our lazy day at home, grocery store day and church time.  What a fun weekend, but they aways seem to go by so fast!!!  Why is that?  Well another Monday is here and I hope this will be a great week!!!  

Tonight, Mr. H has made us ribs and we'll be watching Bachelor Pad.  I'm pretty excited.  





5 comments:

  1. Aww, how sweet! Looks like a super fun and romantic little giveaway. You two are so cute! :)
    PS - I'm back on the blog!
    xoxo
    CoverGirl + Converse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would LOVE a little getaway. I think I might need to make a date jar just so I have the chance of pulling a mini getaway. The room looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love the idea of a date jar. The hubs & I are kind of stuck in a rut so this would be so cool to have around. Have you written a post on what kind of things you have on your sticks? If not, you totally should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The NYLO is so cool!!!
    PS...I nominated you for a blog award but if you're too busy to participate, I understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to get away for a night! It's time to find some cool places like this around us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)