Friday, June 29, 2012

fashion friday...beachy chic

Today's Fashion Friday is all about the beach!  Whether you are headed to the beach for vacation, headed to the lake for the weekend or out in your own back yard, you can always look fashionable.  

retro chic
I love the the trend of mixing and matching bikini pieces.  Who doesn't love polka dots with a bright top?  I totally wish I had this little number!  I actually just bought a stripped black and white top to wear with hot pink bottoms.  It's a super cute combo.  I'd totally rock this outfit if I was on the beach.  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7


sophisticated chic
I think one pieces are totally making a come back.  Gone are the days where only mom's sported a one piece.  There are so many cute one pieces and my favorite are the strapless ones.  I saws these bangles a while back and think this is the perfect outfit for them.  

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5


What do YOU think about mixing and matching bikini pieces?

Do YOU have a one piece you'll be wearing this summer?



I'm linking up with the lovely {av} over at long distance loving for my Friday's Fancies.  Check out some of the other great outfits fellow bloggers have put together.  It's one of my favorite parts of the link up.


Guess what Mr. H and I will be doing this weekend??? NOTHING!  That's right, we have no plans!  I'm sure we may try to meet up with a friend or two, but as of right now we have no plans.  That's totally a first lately.  We have been so busy so it's nice to have some time to just hang out at home and spend a little time together.  Maybe I need to get out the date jar and have Mr. H take me on a date!!  

What are YOUR weekend plans?

Happy Weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Have fun relaxing this weekend! I love both looks - great pieces in each :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh both are ADORABLE! I love the color schemes in both. I'm all about the one pieces this season! Love mine :) Have a great relaxed weekend, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna be too hot to do anything this weekend anyway! Enjoy your downtime! Love the first outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhhhh you paired yellow + black too! it's such a fun combo - i love that bright yellow top paired with the polka dot black & white bottoms - i'd definitely wear that! i also really want to find a one piece that i love & would wear. have fun relaxing & doing nothing this weekend!

    - lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the second look... so chic!!! Hope you have a fabulous weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these looks but the second is my favorite! Those bangles are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yellow and black look so cute together, and love the polka dots!

    xo
    Sam
    Le Petite Pear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow and black is so bold! I love it :) newly following! xoox, eliza

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your fashion fridays, and that is a huge compliment, because I usually skip over any posts that have outfit post titles. I don't like them! Yours are always SO cute though. Anyway, I want that little cover up and a big floppy hat and dramatic glasses. I think that's the hottest summer trend for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mix and match bikini! I got two bikinis from old navy and swap tops and bottoms each time I wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mixing and matching is so much fun! I love the cover up you picked and the DV sandals, I've been lusting after those all season. I totally agree, one pieces are making a chic come back. Enjoy your weekend of nothing, sometimes those are simply the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. both of these looks are absolutely perfect! loving that one piece suit and the bangles. and that little black dress is just gorgeous for that little date night!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hat first look and the mix of the bikini!! Have a great time relaxing this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love so many of the things you've shown but my favorite is the everything from the second look!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)