Monday, October 1, 2012

Mr. H's stomping grounds...

Wow...weekends sure go by fast!! Especially when you travel somewhere, man it just flies by.  So this weekend we headed south to College Station.  Mr. H's parents have season tickets to the Texas A&M football games and we went with them this year.  It's actually the first time Mr. H had been back in over  3 years and my first time EVER!  I'm a Baylor girl.  


It was a very dreary, rainy day for the game, but it sure didn't stop the fans from coming!  I knew I needed to capture a cute picture of us right away before my hair 'grew' from the humidity...which it totally did!!!


We were super lucky to get to SIT in the COVERED section.  I don't think I could have lasted the entire game standing, much less in the sprinkling rain. 


A&M is all about traditions and it sure was entertaining to watch.  At the very beginning of the game, everyone stands and sings their song.  Then about halfway through, Mr. H leans over to me and says 'it's about to get really awkward for you!!'  I start to get nervous and then all of a sudden Mr. H and a stranger next to me put their arms around me and we start to sway back and forth.  It totally took me by surprise, but it could have been worse.  It happened about two or three other times before the game was officially over.  I was a trooper and totally participated; however I don't know the words so I just stood there.    


Mr. H with his wonderful parents.  It's so cool how it's been a family tradition to not only attend A&M, but to attend as many games as possible.  


My favorite part of the game was watching the famous A&M band during half time.  Their synchronization is amazing and it's so cool to watch them do different transformations.  I loved this big 'T' for Texas.  They walked the entire field one way, and then turned around and walked the other way.  It's incredible talent and they sounded awesome too! 


 By this time I had major wavy, big hair.  I pulled it to one side so it's a little deceiving.  I could feel it 'grow' as the game went on. 


 The Aggies played an incredible game and won 58 to 10.  I like to think I was a little good luck charm.


After the game, we headed to a BBQ hosted by a college buddy of big Mr. H's.  I was telling Mr. H how cool it is that his dad is still friends with is college friends and sees them when he comes to the games.  


On Sunday Funday, Mr. H drove me around town showing me a few places.  The first stop we made was to his apartment he spend 3 years at.  Not too shabby for a college apartment.  I guarantee it's way nicer than mine was!  He also took me around campus and we saw the bonfire memorial.  It was raining out so we just looked from a distance.  Next time we go, I'd like to walk around.


Mr. H was so excited to take me to Aggieland finally and I'm so glad the opportunity came up.  We loved spending the weekend hanging out with his parents and also his dad's college friends.  One of big Mr. H's college buddy and his wife hosted Mr. H and I.  They were so sweet to open up their home to us!  It was a fun little trip and I know Mr. H can't wait to make another trip soon.  He even said he can't wait for our future kids to attend A&M too.  I guess it runs in the H family!!  

Hope you had a great weekend too!





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a ton of fun! College football is so fun. I can't imagine how excited people must get for it in the south" I would have loved to see the band!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)