Monday, March 26, 2012

what would i do without mr. h?


I'm reminded of how thankful I am to have married such a godly man.  Mr. H is truly a man of God and continues to amaze me with his wise leadership of our family.  He is an encouragement to me in my daily walk as I see him dig into the word himself everyday.  I'm so blessed beyond belief and thank God so often for such a wonderful example.  

Mr. H and I do a weekly devotional every Sunday morning with each other: Devotions for a Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.  It's a wonderful time for us to see what the Lord has for us, learn something about marriage and share what God has showed us during the week.  I look forward to this time together every week and so often take it for granted. 


TODAY'S VERSE... 

Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them...When Peter saw him, he asked"Lord, what about him?"  Jesus answered, "If I wanted him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?  You must follow me."  John 21:20-23

It's human nature to look at others and judge.  It's easy for us to look at our spouse (and others too) and find their flaws while disregarding that the real issue may be yourself!  It's no secret that you married a sinner so there will always be flaws in your spouse as well as yourself.  It's our responsibility to focus on ourselves and what we need to change-not what we can change about our spouse!!  

As Mr. Thomas points out, "Marriage is about learning how to respond to a sinful human being in a holy way.  It's also about letting someone else's sin reveal our own."  

Thank you Mr. Thomas for bringing Mr. H and I closer to the Lord through your wonderful devotional.  

Thank you God for Mr. H...I look forward to the rest of my life with him and I can't wait to see how HE brings us closer together.


I hope you have a very blessed Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I love reading all the sweet comments! :)